Department of Computer Science
Department of computer science was established in the year 1994. The department has first started Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Computer Science course in the year 1994, Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.) course in the year 2005 and M.Sc. Computer Science course in the year 2017. Recently department has purchased 13 latest configured computers. There are total 39 computers in the computer laboratory with licensed software. Department has provided free internet facility accessible to staff and students.
The department conducts a skill based short term certificate course in Digital Design and MS-Word, Excel and Internet. Certificate course in MS-Word, Excel and Internet run only for arts faculty students. The computer science students actively participated in the departmental activities like poster competition, Science project competition etc.
Principal Dr. M. Subhas sir frequently guided and inspired the development of the department.
- To discriminate quality education in Computer Science and related fields to the rural students and have strong foundation to complete the challenges in the IT world.
- To acquire better teaching methodology through faculty training and up graduation pogrammes.
- To provide technical and advanced education.
- To create skilled and employable students.
- To motivate and furnish global competence in students.
- Motivate the students to qualify for good results and prepare the students for independent growth and progressive careers for long terms.
- Provide quality education at UG and PG level.
- Provide research based projects/activities.
- Face the global challenges in IT by using their domain knowledge and skills.
Highlights of the department
- Courses from UG to PG
- Good infrastructure
- Well equipped and furnished laboratory with high configuration PC internet with LAN
- Well qualified teaching faculties
- Certificate course in Digital Design
- Certificate course in MS-Word, Excel and Internet
- ICT workshop for teaching and non teaching staff
- Remedial classes for weaker and failure students.
- Students mentoring system
Miss Chetna Pidurkar Post Graduate student of our department stood 3rd merit of Gondwana University, Gadchiroli batch 2018-19.
A final year student of M.Sc. Computer Science Mr. Amar Pimplakar has cleared UGC NET 2018 exam for Assistant Professor.
Mr. Meghraj Jogi (CHB) faculty of our department has cleared UGC NET 2018 and SET 2019 exam for Assistant professor.
Name of Courses offered
||Skill oriented course
Certificate course in Digital Design
Certificate course in MS-Word, MS-Excel and Internet
All programs are semester and Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
||Name of faculty
||Dr. M.L. Jivtode
||HOD, Assistant Professor
||Dr. A.Y. Suriya
||Prof. Vinod S. Ramteke
Collaboration and MOU
Softsense Technoserve ( INDIA) Pvt. Ltd. Nagpur ( STIPL) TIL:W/MH/NAG/09 Tally Institute of Learning, Nagpur
Student’s Progression : Higher Education & Employment
Toppers List : B.Sc. Computer Science
||Name of Student
||Marks Obtained out of 150
||Ku. Divya U. Kamble
||Ku. Namrata A. Thakre
||1. Ku. Shivani A. Binjwe
2. Ku. Harshali V. Kit
||Ku. Monali B. Urkunde
- To implement computer based training.
- The Department is focusing on training the students in various other areas, which help them in facing the interviews apart from the curriculum.
- To Develop, Setup & Upgrade laboratories as per the revised syllabus & recent industry trends
- To Organize State/National level paper presentation & project competition.
- To Organize various short term courses, workshops, seminars from experts.
- Faculty Development program
- To improve higher education and placement ratio
Activities @ 2014 onwards